Thursday, December 20, 2007

I sure haven't posted here for a while.

Update:

I am moving to China in 3 weeks. Still got a lot to do, but I am looking forward to it.

I'd like to say hi to my buds in Germany, the UK and Spain...

I haven't really started on them yet, but I have big plans for next year's writing: music, zine, and book writing.

And I found an interesting thing on wikipedia today which I'd like to share here:

In Fifty Degrees Below (page 99) Robinson discusses paleolithic activities that we, as humans, should return to in order to give us happiness, as our brains are hard-wired to enjoy such things:

walking
throwing things at things
having sex
dealing with the opposite sex
looking at fire
talking
running
dancing
singing
stalking animals
gathering plants to eat
cooking and eating
killing animals for food
experiencing terror

At a lecture on the Chicago Humanities Festival (Nov 5, 2007) he added a few more:

making your bed
looking at the moon


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Stanley_Robinson

No comments: